Mullet fish contains fatty acids, including Docosahexaenoic and Eicosapentaenoic acid, which are important for human nutrition, and mullet fish meat is a source of ten types of essential amino acids. Mullet fish is also a source of amino acids.
In addition, mullet fish, whether freshwater mullet or sea mullet, is an excellent source of essential minerals such as zinc, iron, calcium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium and selenium, and some types are low-fat, making them a healthy alternative to processed meat or red meat.
Mullet fish nutritional value
A skinned and cooked mullet without added fat has the following nutritional value:
According to the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), mullet is generally safe to consume, except in highly polluted areas, and is especially good for pregnant and breastfeeding women and children, since it contains small fish. It is recommended that adults consume two to three servings of fish per week, which is classified as the best type.
The disadvantages of using mullet fish
A fish allergy is one of the least common types of food allergies, and symptoms include rashes, digestive and respiratory problems, as well as anaphylaxis, which requires extreme caution. As a result, people with fish allergies should avoid consuming all types of fish.
Cooking mullet fish the right way
Brush the fish with corn oil using a food brush.
In a food processor, combine garlic, pepper, salt, cumin, coriander, sumac, and black pepper and process until uniform.
Mix the mixture in a deep container and add tomatoes, cilantro, vinegar, lemon juice, oil, lemon slices, and vinegar, then stir with a plastic spoon.
Using his finger tip, he put a little of the sauce inside the fish and poured the rest into a wide dish.
You can grill the fish in a heavy-bottomed pan over high heat after heating the electric grill.
Cook the fish on the grill until it turns golden, then turn it over on the other side and wait until it is completely cooked.
Transfer the grilled fish to a serving dish with the sauce and serve immediately.
Second method of cooking:
- The fish should be washed and cleaned thoroughly, and the internal organs and gills should be removed.
- Mash garlic, hot pepper, lemon juice, salt, celery, and pepper in a mortar until pureed.
- Half of the garlic mixture should be filled into the belly.
The potato mixture should be prepared as follows:
- Add salt and pepper, rub the potatoes with the rest of the garlic mixture, and add the bell pepper to the potatoes after they have been fried in oil until golden brown.
- The potato mixture should be placed on the bottom of the grill plate.
- In a hot oven, roast the fish for twenty minutes until the face darkens slightly and the skin separates from the meat after being massaged with oil and salt.