Are you one of those people who love leather goods but find them difficult to maintain? Your interest in leather shows your good taste. However, know that maintaining leather is not a difficult task. You have to learn a few simple things. If you know how to take care of clothes and leather goods, you will never encounter an annoying scene that is peeling or tearing and falling. In this article, you will read the skincare method in full.
Like all objects, leather clothing and furniture become dirty and dusty. But do not worry. You can clean the leather by following a few simple tips. Remember that leather is like a living thing and can age. People who later reach their skin and follow a healthy lifestyle and the life of leather products follow a similar pattern. That is, if you reach it well, it will age and deteriorate later. To maintain the leather, you must follow this path:
Leather care is not complicated. It would help if you cleaned it first. What do you need to clean?
- A little water;
- Soap with mild aroma and concentration;
- A few pieces of cloth for cleaning and dusting
Leather cleaning method:
After preparing these accessories, start cleaning the leather in the following order:
- As much as possible, remove dust and dirt from the leather surface with a towel or cloth and a dry dusting cloth. If the leather surface is very dirty and can not be wiped with a dry cloth, moisten the cloth slightly.
- If there is still dirt on the leather, mix a little water with mild soap and rub the foam on the surface of the leather or stains that will not be removed. Try to remove stains and dirt with the help of soap scum.
- Wipe the floors with a damp cloth. Remember, it is better not to soak the leather too much in foam and water.
- Once the leather is clean, apply it on a cool, smooth, dry surface. Do not expose it to sunlight, and do not use heat to dry it and let it dry on its own and give it time.
- Moisten the leather and do not let it dry, and the texture will crack. Buy special creams and oils from clothing and leather goods stores and lubricate the surface of your leather goods or equipment to prevent damage.
Some very important points about leather maintenance:
- It is better not to use detergents or chemical soaps to clean leather. However, if there are indelible stains, go for mild soaps and get help from them.
- Store leather goods and clothing in a cool, dry place when not in use. Remember not to wrap the leather in plastic. This is not good for him either, and it will be ruined. Do not use after veneer or plastic wrap.
- Never allow leather to be pulled. For example, do not put your hands in the pockets of leather clothes because the handles remain in the clothes, or if you have a leather wallet, do not overfill it because it will go out of its original state.
Accessories needed to maintain natural leather in the long run:
There are several ways to increase the longevity of leather. If you want to protect your natural leather goods and equipment well, it is better to have the following accessories:
Emollient creams both maintain the appearance of the skin and help it stay healthy. The ingredients in leather softening creams prevent the drying and brittleness of items and clothes. For example, a substance in fleece called lanolin is used to make leather softening creams.
Special oils are always needed when reviewing leather storage methods. Certain oils can help lubricate the surface of your equipment and clothing. Do not ignore these either. The effects of oils and creams are almost the same. It depends on your taste and preferences which one you use to protect the leather.
Waxes are also accessories used to hold leather. However, their impact is not significant. You should know that waxes are not as effective as oils and emollients and temporarily soften the surface of the leather and give it a temporary effect.
The method of keeping cows, sheep, snakes, and leather is the same. However, sometimes when preparing special accessories, you should be careful to prepare a suitable and special product for each of these types of leathers. For example, the chemical composition of snakeskin emollient cream may be different from cow leather.
How to maintain suede:
Natural suede is also a type of leather. Suede is a thin leather that is made from the skins of animals such as goats and sheep. Suede care is different from leather. Suede is more fragile and sensitive than leather. The use of water to clean and maintain suede is not recommended at all. To clean suede, you should use a suitable toothbrush and remove dust and dirt from the suede surface.
Use a dry cloth to clean shoes, clothes, or other suede items.
Consider this interesting tip for caring for suede: Using a cleanser to remove stains is not a bad idea and is sometimes helpful. Do not expose suede-like leather to sunlight or inside the plastic. Arrange your suede shoes or clothes if you wish. Use cloth bags to hold suede shoes or suede clothing. Discard the plastic, which is not suitable at all.
How to maintain synthetic leather:
Some people do not like to use leather products. The use of natural animal skins is contrary to their imagination because they do not like to harm animals and the environment. The opinion of these friends is very respectful. They are looking for synthetic leather. If you are one of these people, check out how to maintain faux leather:
- Do not expose clothes or synthetic leather to sunlight.
- Remove dust and dirt from the leather surface and follow the same procedure as natural leather.
Natural and synthetic leathers are almost identical. But it is less sensitive in the maintenance of synthetic leather.
Leather and clothing storage:
So far, we have told you how to take care of your leather. In the following, we want to explain how to take care of leather goods and specifically clothes. Learn the techniques needed for each.
How to maintain a leather sofa
If your sofas are made of leather or such sofas, it is better to dust them regularly and not let dirt and dirt sit on the surface. Wipe the sofa with a damp cloth with a microfiber cloth and dust. Also, clean the corners of the sofa mat with a comb-like part of a cleaning brush and a thin part of the broom.
Also, use emollient creams every 6 to 12 months. These creams in cleaning the leather sofa prevent the sofa’s surface from breaking or flaking. Remember not to expose the leather sofa to sunlight as it will both deteriorate and fade.
How to maintain leather outwear
Also, clean leather outwear carefully. To do this, first, remove the dust and clothes and then bring a cloth, dip it in a mixture of mild soap scum and warm water, remove excess water from the cloth and rub it on the surface of the coat and outwear. Next, wipe the floor with a dry cloth and pat dry.
Storage of leather shoes
To maintain leather shoes, you should also pay attention to the points mentioned above. But we have another recommendation: use a handkerchief. Put these handkerchiefs in your bag and pocket, and if your shoes get dirty on the street or outside the house and a stain accidentally settles on them, wipe the stains and dirt with a towel or handkerchief.
Final tips for storing leather products:
Do not store your shoes, coat, bag, or leather clothing in a warm, closed place.
Do not hang leather pants on the clothespin because it loses their shape.
It is better to put your leather shoes in cloth bags and then put them in the shoe rack.
The clips you choose for the coat and leather jacket should be wide and fit the size of the clothes so that they do not wrinkle or stretch.