With age, many people develop dimples and dark lines on the back of their eyelids, which can be treated with fat injections.
Prior to injecting fat behind the eyelids and under the eyebrows, here is what you need to know
One of the best and most non-invasive ways to eliminate dimples and dark lines behind the eyelid is to inject fat into it. In this method, fat is removed from the body so that the skin behind the eyelid becomes open, transparent, and voluminous, then injected into the desired area.
fat injection method eliminates the lines created on the skin and its opacity. As the fat is removed from the person’s own body, and due to more excellent compatibility, there is no need for the body to reject it, resulting in a better result.
Dark circles around the eyes can be removed by injecting fat behind the eyelid
Age, genetics, and sunlight can all contribute to dark circles around the eyes. This haze can be removed by fat injection.
Blepharoplasty and liposuction for the ocular cavity
The injection of fat from outside the body into the affected areas has been one of the most significant advances in cosmetic facial surgery. This method is used in eyelid cosmetic surgery (blepharoplasty). In recent decades, collagen, Restyling, Theodore, etc., have been used to repair the skin, with excellent results. In the past, these methods were used to treat and eliminate skin wrinkles, but now we know they can also add volume to the skin. It has been shown that sagging faces are caused by reducing the size of the face (fat, muscle, and bone). It results in loose skin, a thinner face, dimples around the eyes, and a bony face in general as a result of these changes. This condition can be greatly improved with fat injections.
Fat injection success factors
Fat injection, or fat retention, depends on several factors, including the fat removal technique, how the fat is prepared for injection, and where the lubricant is injected. It is important to consider previous wounds or surgeries, the condition of the tissue in which the fat is injected, and the technique used to inject the fat.
Due to its limited mobility, fat injected under the eyes is better absorbed than fat injected elsewhere on the face.
Identifying these factors and how they affect removing and injecting fat under the eyebrows is critical for a good evaluation. Fat non-uniformity will be reduced if the fat injection is performed by a specialist surgeon.
These side effects are less likely to occur with newer methods. Medication or surgery can be used if the fat injection under the eyebrows is not uniform.
Fat injection is considered a valuable method by surgeons because it improves the results of their surgeries, especially in the case of blepharoplasty (eyelid beautification).
It is also possible to say that a fat injection is a valuable tool for primary blepharoplasty. Because the removal of excess fat may cause dimples, which can be treated with fat injections.
Extraction and injection of fat
It is natural for fat to be removed from the abdomen, buttocks, thighs, and buttocks. A fat removal procedure begins with the desired site being disinfected and sterilized, and then, under local anesthesia and using special small cannulas, the site is perforated to remove the fat. After centrifuging the fat, the extra parts are separated, and a purer fat is obtained.
With proper removal, 90% of fat cells survive and maintain their normal function. During the injection phase, the injection site should be sterilized and anesthetized, and special cannulas should be used for the fat injection. Nonetheless, injecting a small amount of fat in several steps will usually have better results than injecting a large amount in one go. Injecting fat in several sessions over four to six months is recommended for better results and more durability.
Due to the fact that the fat is taken from the patient’s own body and injected into his body, there is no risk of allergic reactions in the gel injection method. For facial rejuvenation, injecting fat into the back of the eyelid is a low-complication procedure.
Aside from improving eyebrows, fat injections can remove laughter lines, facial wrinkles, jawline, and lower eyelids.
Fat injection consists of the following stages:
- Fat can be removed by liposuction
- Separation and processing of fats
- Fat can be injected again into the desired area.
Fat injections are not recommended for everyone.
- Patients whose weight fluctuates and is not stable. The effects of fat injections may also be countered by losing or adding 20 pounds, or more. Fat injections are difficult for people who have had eye surgery and have scars.
- Those who are not in good general health.
Fat injection should never be performed alone by people who do not have the right conditions. Before doing anything that might cause problems in various fields, they should consult a doctor. By injecting fat indifferently into their problems, they create complications and issues that are only part of the damage and incur different costs to solve them.
Is it better to inject gel or fat into the back of the eyelid?
In most cases, people believe that fat injection is safer than gel injection. Fat is removed from the body after all. Fat injections into the back of the eyelid are not recommended for several reasons.
- Surgery is required for liposuction. In other words, the fat must first be surgically removed and then injected into the site. In addition, surgery is needed to maintain the results of this treatment because if the injection is not correct and the result is not satisfactory, another operation must be performed to remove the fat injected.
- We consider it necessary to mention that fat is absorbed very quickly by the body in moist skin and hair. After injection, 30 to 70% of fat may be absorbed, so it must be injected again to maintain the desired volume.
- Fat needs blood supply, and if there is not enough blood in the area, complications may occur. Therefore, the injected fat must be surgically removed.
- The surface of adipose tissue is usually not smooth. Consequently, its injection may cause small and large bumps under the skin.
Due to the fact that hyaluronic acid fillers do not require surgery, gel injections do not cause these side effects.
Injections usually take 30 to 120 minutes, depending on the number and size of areas being injected.
Following surgery, intensive care is required
After surgery, swelling and bruising are common, and pain is to be expected. Mips Ken can also be used to control discomfort. Despite swelling and bruising, liposuction does not require significant improvement.
In terms of recovery time, it depends on how much liposuction you had at the beginning and how comfortable you are in public. For a few days after surgery, it is best to minimize daily activities. You will receive care instructions from your doctor, including information about:
- Homeopathy and prescription medications
- Height of the head
- Make sure the cutting area is clean
If you want a quick recovery, rest as much as possible and consider the following:
- Even while sleeping, raise your head slowly (above the level of your heart) for at least 10 to 14 days after surgery.
- Before and after surgery, avoid aspirin-containing products
- On your back or side, lie down
- For at least six weeks or as long as your doctor allows, avoid steam baths and saunas
- The bruises should not be exposed to sunlight until they have fully healed
- For at least 7 to 10 days, avoid strenuous activities at home such as exercise and heavy work