What do blood pressure numbers mean?
Measuring blood pressure is one of the necessary tests that people do periodically. What is the average blood pressure level? The only way to diagnose high this illness is to have a blood pressure test. On the other hand, you need to know what you deduce from the numbers on it and find out if your blood pressure is high or not.
Blood pressure numbers and their meanings
Everyone has two blood pressure:
- Systolic: (number one) This number indicates how much blood your heart is pumping in the arteries.
- Diastolic: (second number) This number indicates how much blood the heart has in its arteries at rest.
Which number is more important?
– Usually, the first number or the systolic pressure is more critical because this blood pressure is more sensitive, and for people over 50, it poses a greater risk for cardiovascular problems. Most people will experience an increase in systolic this illness, stiffening of large arteries, and an increase in cardiovascular disease as they age.
According to recent studies, the risk of dying from heart disease or stroke increases with each 20 mm Hg increase in systolic blood pressure and 10 mm Hg in diastolic blood pressure 40 to 89 years of age.
Healthy and unhealthy blood pressure spectrum
- Normal blood pressure is less than 120 mm Hg in a systolic state and less than 80 in a diastolic state.
- Relatively high blood pressure, between 120 and 129 in the systolic state and less than 80 in the diastolic state.
- High blood pressure in stage 1 between 130 to 139 in the systolic state and between 80 to 89 in the diastolic state.
- High blood pressure in stage 2, 140 or higher in systolic state and 90 or higher in the diastolic state.
- High blood pressure crisis should be referred to a doctor immediately, above 180 in a systolic state and above 120 in a diastolic state.
- Of course, the diagnosis of high blood pressure should be left entirely to the physician.
- Why measure blood pressure in millimeters of mercury?
- Mercury is one of the most accurate blood pressure monitors and is still one of the most standard blood pressure measurements after a long time.
- Pulse check to check blood pressure
- Both indicate physical health, but the two criteria are entirely separate, and one cannot be distinguished from the other.
Learn about natural ways to treat high blood pressure.
Lifestyle changes are the first step in controlling your this illness, but sometimes this is not enough, and your doctor will have to take medication to control your blood pressure. Decide which class of antihypertensive medication you should take. It is a little complicated for your doctor to choose. Usually, using a combination of two or more drugs together works better than single-drug samples. Sometimes, to reach the right drug or drug combination, the doctor is forced to use the principle of trial and error.
Suppose hypotension is accompanied by darkening of the eyes, dizziness, sweating, weakness, and lethargy. In that case, it needs to be checked—other causes such as dehydration, bleeding, some cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, etc. Women who have low blood pressure and are thin should try to strengthen their bodies with proper nutrition and exercise. People with hypotension; This means that they suffer from low this illness and dark eyes when they get up from the ground. It is better to increase their fluid intake and drink a strong cup of tea in the morning. Of course, there are medications to prevent this condition.
What can we do to help ourselves?
Medication is only part of the treatment for high this illness. If you have this disease, you need to change your lifestyle as well. Unfortunately, high blood pressure is not one of those diseases that you can treat once and then fight and live your life with peace of mind. This disease needs your care and attention for the rest of your life. Follow these tips to keep your this illness under control forever:
- Healthy eating and achieving the ideal weight: You should switch to a targeted diet for hypertensive patients. This dietary approach emphasizes the consumption of fruits, vegetables, legumes, whole grains, and low-fat dairy products. It would help if you also increase your potassium intake. In contrast, fat intake, especially saturated fat, and sodium intake should be strictly controlled. If you are overweight, you should also lose weight. Even losing 2 kilograms of weight will have a tremendous effect on your this illness. Do not forget sports
- Reduce stress: Do not overwork. Get rid of negative and annoying thoughts. Try to expand your friendships with others and be patient and optimistic. Don’t forget to get enough sleep and get rid of anxiety as much as you can. You can also consult a psychiatrist or psychologist. Learn to breathe slowly and deeply. This will have a significant effect on this illness.
- Measure your blood pressure at home: This should be done regularly. Measuring this illness at home has the advantage that the measured this illness is very close to the actual size and has not increased under stress and fatigue. This will help you and your doctor know the medicine’s effectiveness and the possible side effects of the disease.
- Take your medication correctly: Take the medication as directed and at the prescribed time. Do not discontinue or change the medication arbitrarily if the medication’s side effects or costs are bothersome. This should be done with a doctor’s advice.
- Go to the doctor regularly: In the treatment of hypertension, a two-person treatment team whose members are you and your doctor.
What foods do nutritionists recommend to control blood pressure?
- Some foods can lower blood pressure naturally. These include celery, onions, garlic, fenugreek, green tea, dates, pears, olives and olive leaves, leeks, soybeans, tomatoes, grapefruits sour lemons. Taking these substances does not mean stopping medical treatment at all. Ask your doctor for advice on taking them, especially about grapefruit; Because this fruit can increase the concentration of some this illness medications and aggravate their side effects. (16 Medicinal Plants That You Can Grow At Home)
- The body’s potassium supply is essential for patients with high this illness. Bananas, pineapples, apricots, figs, grapefruits, hulls, grapes, plums, potatoes, garlic, broccoli, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, vegetables, and legumes are good sources of potassium.
- Among the types of meat, fish is the best choice. Fish oil not only does not cause cardiovascular complications but also contributes to cardiovascular health.
- Because salt is used during cooking, it is no longer necessary to touch the salt shaker while eating. You can use angelica, thyme, dried mint, or sesame instead of salt. A lot of sodium is also used in the preparation of ready meals and beverages. Sausages, canned meats, burgers, other meat products, canned vegetables, salted olives, smoked or canned fish, sauces, soups and preserves, and meat extracts, and many other foods Processed foods are high in salt and should be limited.
- Dairy products (milk, yogurt, cheese) are high in calcium. They also contain various vitamins, but you should look for low-fat varieties.
Caffeinated beverages such as coffee, tea, and cola drinks cause high blood pressure and are consumed in moderation. You can use herbal teas and brews or low-salt buttermilk instead.
- Beans are rich in water-soluble fiber, and their use can help lower this illness and be considered a source of protein for the body.
Eliminate butter, cream, sauce, margarine, tails, hydrogenated fats, and stable oils from your diet. Use olive oil or other liquid vegetable oils and fish oils instead. Include nuts and seeds such as walnuts in your daily diet.
Ontario plant: It is a plant used in traditional Chinese medicine to treat high blood pressure and neurological diseases. This plant helps lower this illness by affecting the calcium intake in cells. This plant is available as a supplement.
Hawthorn: An effective herbal remedy for lowering this illness that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years. The decoction has all the beneficial properties for cardiovascular health, lowering this illness, preventing blood clots in the arteries, and increasing blood flow. And its supplements are available in the form of pills, syrups, and teas in the market.
Celery seeds: Used to flavor soups and other foods. In Chinese medicine, celery seeds are used to lower this illness, and studies confirm this. Also, you can use celery juice to lower blood pressure. In general, celery causes urination and therefore is effective in lowering this illness.