Due to its unique texture, turkey meat does not lose its volume when cooked. It is essential compared to red meat, but this is not the only advantage of turkey meat, and it is so pioneering in terms of properties that it is considered miracle meat. They read. There are many nutrients in turkey and therefore eating this lean meat in different ways improves health. Dark turkey meat usually contains more vitamins and minerals, but it also has more fat and calories. The meat of this bird contains tryptophan acid. While it is true that turkey contains tryptophan, but not enough for drowsiness, all meats contain tryptophan.
Nutrients and nutritional value of turkey:
85 grams of grilled turkey breast includes the following:
- 135 calories
- 3.26 grams of fat
- 0 grams of carbohydrates
- 24.70 grams of protein
benefits of turkey meat:
Suitable for bodybuilding: Many fitness experts recommend turkey for bodybuilding, especially turkey burgers. They are rich in protein and low in carbohydrates and fats.
An average burger has about 200 to 250 calories and 30 grams of protein, building and maintaining lean muscle. This helps to meet the daily calorie and protein needs of a bodybuilder.
Because of the extra nutrients found in turkeys, such as vitamins and minerals, bodybuilders can recover properly after exercise. Good absorption of nutrients helps reduce the risk of injury.
Eliminating the smell of turkey and chicken makes the food we prepare with them very tasty, and knowing the methods of eliminating the smell of turkey can help you in this case.
Helps people with diabetes: Some health experts recommend turkey to diabetics because it helps control blood sugar levels.
Improve intestinal function: The meat of this bird can be harmful to people with gout. Some people with gout can eat turkey but do not tolerate purine-derived foods.
Reduce high cholesterol: The amount of cholesterol in this bird’s meat depends on the meat’s opacity. The breast meat of this bird, which has white meat, has lower cholesterol than dark meat. Therefore, it is better to avoid eating dark turkey meat to increase cholesterol. By removing the skin of this bird, you can reduce the level of fat.
Helps reduce insomnia: Tryptophan, which is also found in turkey meat, is used by the brain to produce serotonin. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that calms and strengthens the body and leads to a good feeling, which is useful for insomnia. Selenium is another nutrient found in turkeys that enhances sleep and improves immunity. Many people eat turkey for insomnia; Because it contains vitamins B3 and B6, which are useful in controlling the condition.
Eliminates the smell of turkey:
Some foods’ stench may make children or even adults reluctant to eat them due to turkey’s properties. The meat of this bird, chickens, and fish have a pungent odor without spoiling, and for their cooking, it is better to first look for suitable solutions to eliminate their odor. There are some essential solutions with spices, aromatic condiments, and vegetables, which we will introduce to you in this section.
Reasons for the smell of chicken and turkey:
- Imbalance in fat and protein consumption in chickens and turkeys’ diet causes their meat’s unpleasant odor.
- The type of food and medicine that chickens and turkeys use during their growth can create their unpleasant odor.
- To whiten chicken, some people put it in chlorinated water, which creates a pungent odor.
- Combining a fish meal with chicken feed is a significant factor in creating the smell of chicken stock.
Solutions to eliminate the smell of chicken and turkey:
- Fresh chicken and turkey taste better than frozen.
- After washing this bird’s meat, use spices, condiments, and fragrant vegetables to cook and eliminate their odor.
- Adding freshly grated ginger is effective in eliminating the smell and also gives it an exquisite taste. If you do not have access to fresh ginger, you can use ginger powder.
- When cooking, it is better not to use water or add a minimal amount of water. Put the chicken and turkey in a saucepan and let them cook over low heat with their water.
- Adding some spices such as cloves, black pepper, cinnamon stick, and bay leaf eliminates chicken and turkey’s smell. (Do You Know The Benefits Of Cinnamon?)
- Melted saffron is one of the spices that can eliminate chicken and turkey’s smell and make them more colorful.
- Paprika powder is one of the additives that can make chicken and turkey meat more colorful and eliminate their odor.
To eliminate chicken and turkey’s smell, you can add some lemon juice or vinegar at the end of cooking.
The use of celery, carrots, chopped bell peppers, and onions on the side of chicken and turkey pieces during cooking has a significant effect on eliminating their unpleasant odor.
Before grilling chicken and turkey, you can use fragrant vegetables such as grated garlic and onion, chopped parsley, and bell pepper. Put the meat in the composition of these vegetables for 2 hours to eliminate the stench. Go. Then grill them.
Yogurt is one of the effective ingredients in eliminating the smell of this bird’s meat. Pour the pieces of meat into the yogurt before grilling.
Other ways to get rid of chicken and turkey odor when cooking:
- Dip chicken and turkey pieces in salt and place in a colander. Then place a suitable container under the strainer and refrigerate for a few hours to drain the broth.
- Then wash the chicken or turkey pieces well and cook as desired.
- Pour some water on the pieces of meat of this bird to cover their surface. Then put on heat to boil. After boiling the water, pour the contents of the container into the strainer. Wash the bird meat with warm water and taste it using the mentioned items. With this method, the dough is removed, and it will not have an unpleasant odor after cooking.
The smell of chicken and turkey is very much related to nutrition and their lack of freshness. Quality chicken and turkey do not smell bad, but because the meat is purchased to reach you from the slaughterhouse, it takes some time, and the meat quickly absorbs the bacteria. The storage conditions of chickens and turkeys have a significant effect on the smell of their meat.