What to do to regulate the baby’s sleep?
Being a mother is one of the most challenging tasks in the world. Mothers have no holidays and no rest. Especially if their child is awake at night and takes sleep from them. Improper baby sleep patterns are one of the problems that almost all families face. However, it can be treated with patience. If your baby is thinking and playing until midnight, and there is no sign of drowsiness in his eyes, you should think about setting his bedtime.
10 useful tips for regulating baby sleep
Most mothers are afraid of their baby’s lack of sleep and want to get enough sleep during the day. After the baby is born, it takes 4 to 6 months to adjust his bedtime to day and night. The mother’s womb acts as a cradle for the fetus. Here are some things you can do to help your baby regulate sleep.
- Pay attention to your baby’s signal: Your child will not be able to tell when he or she is falling asleep. So you need to receive her drowsiness signals carefully. If he sees that your baby is rubbing his eyes, pulling his ears, and his eyes are swollen, these are all signs of his drowsiness. So it’s the best time to put him to bed. When your baby sleeps late, they will become bored and unable to sleep after a long time.
- Let the environment talk to him: The child can not tell the difference between day and night because he is indoors most of the time. As a parent, try to teach him the difference between darkness and light and day and night. For example, take him out both during the day and at night. Try to create an atmosphere at night that makes him sleepy. For example, turn down the volume, turn down the light, and provide him with a place to sleep so he can gradually stop playing.
- Avoid sudden changes: Your child may experience sudden changes during the day that you should be careful about. Children like to be in an environment that is familiar to them and where familiar people are present. Always put your baby to sleep in a room and not change his place as much as possible. Children need to feel safe when sleeping, so if they like a blanket or sheet, let them use it.
- Check the reasons for his staying awake: You may be tired of waking up and waking up in the middle of the night. There are many reasons why a baby wakes up in the middle of the night and makes them cry, including Sometimes, they may be full due to daily naps. Sometimes they are hungry. Excessive noise can cause them to wake up even in the middle of the night. As a result, make sure your baby is full before bed. It is better to change his place before going to sleep to falling asleep more easily.
- Make a plan for her sleep: Just as you plan to eat him, plan for him to sleep. For example, you can turn a short hot shower into a bedtime routine. For example, you can record your lullaby and play a dream for him every night before so that he can fall asleep more easily.
- Make a quiet day for him: If you tire your child during the day, it will not affect his early sleep at night. So you should provide a calm environment during the day. Turn the house into a calm atmosphere and spend most of the day with him. If your child did not sleep the night before, you will face a challenge the next day and increase your patience.
- Get help from your spouse: Managing a child alone is hard work, and it is not only your responsibility, and your spouse should help you. Usually, the mother can not do things like putting the baby to sleep alone, so you should get help from a nurse or spouse. When you are busy, you need to talk to each other and agree when you both reach out and take care of the child. Since your baby has just entered this material world, his sleeping habits are difficult to adjust. So you have to be utterly patient in this way.
- Waking the baby up early in the morning: Waking up early in the morning is useful for both children and infants. Waking up late delays sleeping in the evening, and as a result, children fall asleep later at night. So one way for children to fall asleep earlier at night is to wake them up earlier in the morning.
- Repeat specific activities: Children and infants cannot recognize bedtime, so repeating specific tasks warns the child when it is time to escape sleep. An hour ago, turn off the TV, go to bed. Repeating these tasks every night stabilizes the child’s sleep time.
- Avoid giving ice cream and chocolate to the child: The caffeine in chocolate and cocoa makes children sick and sleep-deprived. Also, using sugary substances due to having energy causes more energy and excitement in the child and removes sleep from the children’s eyes. Therefore, it is better to avoid giving chocolate, ice cream, and anything sweet before bed.
Tips for better sleeping baby at night
Play with him during the day, but these games should not make him too tired because he has the opposite effect when he sleeps.
Taking your child to the park during the day or doing physical activities can make you tired and go to bed earlier.
Do your daily activities regularly and spend the night sleeping so that he gets used to it.
Stop the child from playing emotional and active games for a few hours before bedtime. Calm and non-exciting activities before bed are beneficial.
Always do the child’s favorite activity in the last step before bed and do it in his bedroom. This will help him to be interested in his bedroom and sleeping place.
Warm water and then a gentle and romantic caress with a bath towel will help the baby relax and fall asleep.
Laying the baby and child next to them leads to higher self-esteem in adulthood and reduces anxiety. Babies and children who sleep with their parents sleep more peacefully.
Sometimes just being with your baby is enough to give your baby a sense of security and make it easier for him to fall asleep.
If you feel that his eyes are tired, hug him immediately, and put him to sleep.
Use a flat surface for a good night’s sleep. For example, a chair or stroller is not the right place for a child to sleep.
Make sure your baby is full before going to bed.
It is better to empty the sleeping area and the crib of any device and doll.
If the baby is sleeping in his stroller, pull him up, and put him in his place.
For babies over six months, natural oils and fragrances can be used to soothe and reduce anxiety.
Do not cover the baby’s head while sleeping to wake him up from the heat and disturb his sleep.
Do not turn on any monitors or screens in his bedroom.
Never smoke in his room while he is asleep.